Core Traffic Control Business Excellence Policy
Core Traffic Control is committed to continually improving and striving for excellence in all of its business activities.
In particular, Core Traffic Control will seek to:
- Develop a culture of striving for excellence and high performance.
- Develop the capability of our people and value their involvement and performance.
- Use data, information and knowledge to support decisions and deliver sustainable and predictable performance.
- Deliver improvement in areas that add high value to the business.
- Systematically review and improve our business practices.
- Reduce variation by eliminating waste and fully utilising the capability of our people and equipment.
Work Health & Safety Policy
Core Traffic Control recognises its moral and legal responsibility to provide a safe and healthy work environment for its employees, contractors, employees of contractors, clients and visitors. This responsibility extends to ensuring that work activities do not place members of the public at risk of injury or property damage.
In order to maintain our objective of zero injury, Core Traffic Control shall:
- Provide safe systems of work, exceeding that prescribed within current legislative requirements and industry standards. We shall aim for “best practice” systems of work.
- Consult with employees and other parties to improve decision making on work health & safety matters.
- Continue to develop, implement and review written safe work procedures and safe work practices.
- Provide effective training and the right equipment for employees to work safely.
- Support and assist employees in effective injury management and rehabilitation.
- Where applicable, Core Traffic Control will also comply with the requirements of a client or principal contractor’s work health & safety policy.
Core Traffic Control employees shall:
- Take all reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and others.
- Co-operate with Core Traffic Control in ensuring compliance with legislative requirements and industry standards.
- Adhere to all safety directions and written safe work procedures / practices.
- Participate in consultative arrangements.
- Participate in return to work programs
Safe behavior and conduct is a condition of employment at Core Traffic Control
Core Traffic Control believes that an inclusive culture and a diverse workforce promotes higher quality work performance.
Core Traffic Control benefits by bringing together talented people of different gender, age, ethnicity and cultural backgrounds who possess a diverse range of experiences and perspectives. In particular this helps create an environment where innovative ideas assist Core Traffic Control to realise its potential and corporate goals.
Core Traffic Control supports diversity in its workforce by:
- Treating all employees fairly and with respect and dignity.
- Actively and flexibly promoting a culture that values diversity and tolerance of differences.
- Ensuring learning and development opportunities develop the skills and experience necessary for employees to be more effective and to be considered for advancement to more senior roles.
- Ensuring that applicants and employees of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply for, and have fair opportunity to be considered for, all available roles.
- Complying with all anti-discrimination and equal opportunity legislation.
Drug & Alcohol Policy
All staff employed by Core Traffic Control and all contractors engaged at Core Traffic Control workplaces are required to adhere to this policy.
In accordance with NT Work Health and Safety (National Uniform Legislation) Act & Regulations 2011, Core Traffic Control has an obligation to provide a safe working environment and systems of work for all persons under its employ. As such, all persons at Core Traffic Control workplaces shall not be adversely affected by alcohol or drugs (illegal or prescribed) and must at all times carry out their duties and responsibilities in a safe manner.
Persons (whether a Core Traffic Control employee, contractor, employee of a contractor or visitor) adversely affected by alcohol or drugs (illegal or prescribed) will be considered unfit for work at a Core Traffic Control workplace and not fit to be present at a Core Traffic Control workplace. Such persons shall be required to remove themselves from the workplace or may be subject to a direction to leave the workplace by safe and appropriate means.
Due to the number of high risk activities performed at workplaces, Core Traffic Control requires workers and persons otherwise onsite and under its control to have a blood alcohol concentration (BAC) of zero. Employees taking prescription medication that may adversely affect their ability to drive or operate plant or equipment must notify their supervisor so that appropriate precautions or duty modifications can be implemented.
Core Traffic Control reserves the right to introduce drug and alcohol testing for all workers on site or within offices on a random or with cause basis.
Where applicable, Core Traffic Control will also comply with the requirements of a client or principal contractor’s drug and alcohol / fitness for work policy.
Any breach of the above policy by a Core Traffic Control employee will be viewed as serious misconduct and may result in dismissal.
Employee Relations Policy
Core Traffic Control strives to ensure a direct, honest and open relationship with its employees.
Core Traffic Control believes that its relationship with employees should be built on mutual trust, and respect for the dignity and worth of each individual. This approach supports the company values of caring for people, working together and acting with integrity and honesty. Core Traffic Control also encourages all contractors to embrace this approach.
Core Traffic Control supports a company culture where all employees are confident to raise any concerns regarding their work, work environment, terms and conditions of employment or any other matter related to their employment, directly with their immediate manager.
Where employees raise concerns relating to their employment with the company, these will be dealt with in a timely and fair manner.
Core Traffic Control will comply with all applicable laws aimed at protecting freedom of association at the workplace.
Core Traffic Control is committed to conducting all its business activities in an environmentally aware and responsible manner.
In particular, Core Traffic Control will:
- Integrate environmental management into all facets of its business.
- Ensure that all employees and contractors are informed about this Policy and made aware of their environmental responsibilities in relation to the Company’s activities.
- Inform and consult with the community about the Company’s activities and projects.
- Manage the environmental risks on a site-specific basis to achieve planned environmental outcomes.
- Comply with all applicable environmental laws and regulations as a minimum standard.
- Continually strive to improve overall environmental performance.
- Identify opportunities for the efficient use of energy and water, minimising waste and reducing the Company’s environmental footprint.
Risk Management Policy
Core Traffic Control is committed to achieving an excellent standard of performance in all its business activities. Effective risk management is a core element required to successfully accomplish this.
In particular, Core Traffic Control will:
- Integrate risk management into all facets of its business.
- Use risk management techniques as an integral part of decision making.
- Ensure that all material risks are identified and objectively assessed against accepted criteria and that effective control measures are implemented and maintained.
- Ensure that its employees and contractors are informed about this policy and their responsibilities for its implementation.
- Implement effective crisis management and business continuity plans.
- Continually strive to improve the company’s performance and periodically review performance to identify areas for improvement.
- Comply with all applicable laws, acts, regulations, codes of practice, standards, internal policies and contractual obligations as a minimum.